View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-sport 6 sp manual

Herb Chambers Boston Service Saga - Unbelievable Incompetance, missing obvious parts

All,

A little over 2 weeks ago, I started my car in downtown Boston to go to work, and I had violent shaking, RPM's, i.e. misfires. Seeing as this was the first time I've had a problem and I was closer to HC Boston, I immediately drove it in there, even though I knew I'd rather go to Sudbury.

It took them 8 days to initially "fix" the issues and give the car back. Low pressure fuel sensor, replaced 3 injectors, walnut intake blasting (which I had to pay for), software update. There were days I had to call to get an update, SA seemed not really that concerned throughout the whole process.

I got it back on a Thursday night, drove fine home and to work the next day. When I started it up to go home Friday, same misfire problem again. So, obviously agitated, I drove it straight back there. They didn't do any real work until Tuesday (some excuse about Monday, who knows). It was done Wednesday night, apparently, the 3 injectors they put in were faulty right off the bat, so they replaced them again. He told me that the Service Manager would drive it home Wednesday night and back into the dealer on Thursday so we wouldn't have the same problem of me having to come back.

I pick up the car Thursday night (14 days, 2 trips total at this point), and when I start driving away, I immediately hear louder noises I've never heard. Pissed as hell, because there's no way the Service Manager would not have noticed this, I just drove back home, and immediately called Sudbury (whom I've had great experiences with) and told them the story.

Low and behold, I take it in this morning to Sudbury, and the shop foreman was already waiting to take a ride with me. He did hear the noises but said it might just be because of the cleaner intake. But he assured me they'd take a look through since all the work that had been done.

Right as I'm about to get my loaner car, he pops the hood and gasps. There are numerous obvious parts missing. Engine insulation cover, microfilter assembly, there are two sensors just dangling. I never paid much attention to what it looked like but even I knew there was a lot of stuff missing. I could see the strut brace.

The kicker? He lifts up the intake manifold cover ... they forgot to put the bolts back on the intake cover!!! Immediately, he called over the manager, they were dumbfounded. They took pictures of everything, including lifting the manifold cover up to show there were no bolts in there at all. The good thing is, this is obviously the source of increased noise in the cabin.

The best, part, I haven't talked to HC Boston yet, even though they called last Friday for a survey about my recent service visit. I can't wait to call them up and give them their survey.

I mean, honestly, just missing parts and bolts on obviously visual parts. Now I'm concerned about what else might not have been put back together, which isn't obvious to the naked eye.

Do not ever go to HC Boston for anything. I have never dealt with such incompetence in my life.
Appreciate 0