03-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #395
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90thomas View Post
Is there any way you can test out the two adjusters to see they are in working condition?
I have bought a used intake manifold from 07' x5, and i want to make sure the adjuster units work properly before i put everything back.
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
YES
  1. You need a friend. Take apart the used manifold, carefully pulling out the adjusters. ( Remove all sensors & clip off the manifold shell to clean the manifold of oil residue with water & soap)
  2. Find out which adjuster connected to which cable that's attached to stock manifold ( there is an image here somewhere). May not be too important to get the correct one.
  3. Plug in adjuster to the cable attached to the stock manifold. Have the friend hold it in the air as as you start the car.
  4. The working adjuster should close at IDLE and open seconds after car is shut down

Woo-hoo for another Canadian on the 3 Stage list
If you have a coding cable, you can also trigger the adjusters to open and close as well, without having to take anything apart. Every few months I do this to make sure everything is working properly. You hear a noticeable click when you activate it through INPA.
Appreciate 0