Blue Streak
Gunny
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT, 2016 F10 535

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [9.00]
Thanks OP

Special thanks to the OP for helping me get this job done this weekend. I removed, cleaned and replaced the gaskets for both the main oil filter housing listed here as well as the gasket for the attached oil cooler part on the front side of the main housing. Both gaskets were worn only a bit after 70k plus miles and seeping oil around their areas. Everything is nice and clean now with no leaking.

I removed the radiator fan for easier access to front side bolts and removed the intake manifold for access to that inside bolt. I also did a manual intake valve cleaning with gun brushes and various intake cleaner solvents while I was at it. It was a two day process all together, but I'm very happy with the results. The gaskets were only $12 each at my local dealership parts department.

I topped off and bled the radiator fluid according so some other simple DIY instructions I found on here. I would feel very comfortable doing it again. Thanks a lot!
2007 E90 335i 6MT, ZSP, Nav, PDC, CA, Montego Blue, Terra Dakota leather, CDV, clutch-stop, E46 M Shift Knob, Logic HVI, JB4 PnP, MS 3" downpipes, Koni Yellow adjustable sport shocks, RE 12mm(f)/BMS 15mm(r) spacers, Blacklines, LUX 5.0 LED halo ring lights, DAEOS (Vista) harness, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, 35% sides-20% rear tint, matt black kidney grill, matt black 335i trunk badge
Appreciate 0