10-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #3468
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramez75 View Post
I downloaded the SP-Daten V43 for e89. So maybe this will help in getting rid of the error I posted above and allow me to access the CIC Module so I can do my modes.

So please someone correct me if I am mis-speaking. I am going to unzip the V43 daten rar file and copy all the files and paste them on top of the current files in the appropriate folders which are currently Edibias/ecu, NCSEXPER/daten, & sgdat, & cfgdat

If I do the above will i need to run any *.bat files or update registry or reboot.

Any suggestion or alternatives are welcome.

Thank you
You're correct except for the ECU folder. In that case you should rename the existing ECU folder ECU-orig and then just copy the V43 ECU folder into EDIABAS. The reason is that some modules seem to require the older ECU folder to be accessed (2JBBF, NFRM, FZD, etc), and if you merge like you're suggesting you won't be able to access those anymore. This way you can access CIC with the new ECU folder and then if you need to switch to the old one, just close NCS and EDIABAS Server (in the taskbar), rename the ECU folder to ECU-V43, rename ECU-orig to ECU, and next time you launch NCS it will use those files instead.

Using EDIABAS 7.2 seems to resolve the ECU folder swapping though, so if you're running that then you can go ahead and merge as recommended, because in that case you should be able to access all modules using the same updated ECU folder.

You also don't need the CFGDat folder, and that's correct you won't need to run any batch files.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0