View Single Post
      11-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
schwma
My first bimmer...but definitely not my last!
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

So many waited for theirs. Anyone get lucky?

It wasn't until I discovered this site that I learned that so many have anguished for what would surely seem an eternity waiting for their new E90s. I guess I hadn't really thought about it, and this is my first German car. But after my Lincoln LS (which was a great car -- until I drove a BMW) was T-boned in an intersection and wasn't repaired to my liking, I impulsively walked into the local BMW dealer, having never driven a BMW before -- and the rest is history. But the point of my thread is that I only had to wait one day for my car. Everything I wanted was on a lot 35 miles away. I purchased in late July. Is waiting for weeks and sometimes months the norm for these cars, or did I just get extremely lucky. I live in L.A.; so I know there's more saturation here, but I'd be interested to know how many walked in and had their cars in short order.
Being impulsive has drawbacks, but when I test drove that 330i, I knew right then and there I HAD to have one. Best impulse buy of my life -- so far.
Appreciate 0