View Single Post
      02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I had an 08 civic si and while these are just examples on THAT car, my point is that there are often unforseen issues. Keep in mind I was using very high quality parts too.

I got a catless header. First things first you can easily smell that the car is running without a cat. So your inspection shop has to be willing to lie to pass emissions depending on your state. Second since these are OBD2 the O2 sensor will report an error when you run without a cat. O2 simulators/relocators may or may not work, I used something by Hondata to make it pass inspection when read off the CPU....not sure how we would do that on these cars without tuning options like those given by Hondata.

Also, if I put the car in reverse the header would hit the bottom of the car every time. I fixed this with solid motor mounts, but as you can see this was an expensive set of headers by this point. Not only that but the motor mounts totally ruined the daily drive-ability of that poor car.
Thanks for sharing. From those issues and reading/seeing people run headers the only issue could be the smell. The BMS simulator has proven to work at beating the sensors. There are no clearance issues with the right manufacturer. It would come down to the fart can sound that headers produce and the smell. I already have a system with no secondaries. I will eventually get headers and find out. The sound is the only thing that I despise but some resonators and glass packs should help me tune the sound.
Appreciate 0