View Single Post
      07-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #64
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Glad the info has finally broke... you can't imagine how many emails I have gotten in the last week telling me that the new iDrive is not coming because of something someone wrote 5 months ago.... the same time we said it was, but stuff happens and all sources and info is not always correct; just amusing how people will tell you you are wrong but not based on their own info.

Things I am still working on is the widened track (as I have been since we were told about it) and also this aluminum trim.

The only things I can honestly say we were not correct on (admitting we were wrong) was that there would be more change to the interior.... I have a feeling cost cutting stepped in from the original info we were given, and the Direct Injection (which I was still hearing last week) which is b/c the US fuel (sulfur level) is still not stable enough and is the same reason for the oil issues w/ LL-01/LL-04.

I am glad that the diesels were not pushed all the way to December which was a possibility. Also nice of them to tease with a 335d SPORT WAGON!

All in all the car looks more along the lines of the future models so it was much needed and the design cues from the CS and 7 are there.

Does anyone know if I can retrofit the new iDrive into my current cars, or the 08 we are picking up in Munich this fall?

Thanks for all the support everyone has given... it is appreciated and I hope we can keep it up and supply you all with info here and elsewhere!

-M

BTW- the DCT will NOT be in the sedan it is for the 335i coupe ONLY!