Thread: Evo X to E90?
View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
goCJgoCJgo
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Welcome to the forums! The E9Xs are great cars. Very solid, safe, and practical. They are good on gas for the most part as well. My recommendation to you would be to get a 335i. It really is the perfect combination of everything that makes a great daily driver. Also if you are into modding, there is a huge tuning scene with 335s and 400whp is easily obtainable. M3s are a completely different beast. They are definitely more "raw" than regular E9Xs. Their fuel economy is also pretty bad because of that big V8. But if you have the means, go for it. They're phenomenal drivers cars. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post
I just switched from an Evo X to my BMW in July. I had an Evo VIII that I bought in 2003 and it was rock solid -kept it until 2010. Picked up a 2008 Evo X GSR in 2009 and had issues with it - clutch, clutch master cylinder, etc.

Meanwhile, my wife bought a brand new 2007 328i. It now has over 85k miles on it. Just replaced the brakes. Not a single problem with it at all.

This summer I was done dealing with my X. Switched it out for a 2011 335is E93. With a Cobb AP, I don't miss that evo at all. Best part about it, no worries whatsoever about if the car will make it somewhere or not.
ETS is pretty big with evo's. I've seen there dyno sheet for a 335i that made over 400whp. I may look into that more. what common problems are there for the 335i? And what is the best year to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madick1 View Post
I was pretty happy with my Evo X but the boot whas to little, on the track the car rules
does boot=trunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
congrats!
For what? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
I had an Evo X. It was a piece of junk. Fun on the track, terrible everywhere else. Terrible daily driver, terrible build quality. I too had the oil leak near the timing cover. Mitsu service was horrible. I brought it there for them to fix it and they were like uhh durr we don't know exactly where the leak is coming from so you have to pay us $800 for us to remove your differential just so we can check. I quickly traded it in on a 335. The 335 actually feels faster because it has a lot more power down low where as the Evo was a turd until about 4000 rpms. Much more useable power to drive around town and it's a nice and relaxed car and not an annoying rice rocket. If you think you will miss the steering feel and handling from the Evo too much then get an M3. But for a nice daily driver that can also be tuned to make a lot of power, go for a 335 with a warranty.
Yeah i seen the TSB for the timing chain cover and mitsu fix for it was to slap a whole bunch of sealant on it and call it a day. pretty cheap if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
If you are selling your car for reliability reasons you probably want something dependable. Try 335d or M3 manual.
Haven't heard much about the 335d... But i do know the diesel cars last longer and get better mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
It's funny how so many E90posters have Evo's.
Ive seen a few on my evo forums of evo guys switching to bimmers
Appreciate 0