10-31-2009, 10:19 PM   #638
Second325
Enjoying the drive...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
$1440 so far. It will be about $250 for installation I think. All in all not bad for 60hp gain in a BMW. I'll probably get it on the dyno. Too bad I didn't dyno it befor I got the software. There is a possibility though of restoring the original software for a dyno run then reapplying the performance software. Don't hold your breath though. I could just find someone with a stock 325i and use that as a baseline.

The parts departament was able to obtain a screw for me so I don't have to wait for the one in Germany. Hopefully I'll be taking the car in on Monday or Tuesday. Slowly but surely we'll get there.
Funny I just did a baseline with my steptronic this morning. The tech could only get pulls from 5,000 to 7,000 rpm because the tranny would drop down a gear. We were getting pretty consistent results though. Most pulls came out with max hp at 181 and torque around 161. What I've seen from others the max torque should be between 3,000 to 4,000 so mine should probably be higher. The reason for the dyno was that I got my hands on an intake. I'm just waiting for a few more parts to show up at my door. Once I get them I'll put on the intake and do another dyno trip. FYI the 325 DME already has the programming to open the adjusters. I did a quick test yesterday. Now I'm dying to know if we can get an increase just from the intake??? Either way here is an average pull and then my best for a base line on a totally stock 325i step:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0