View Single Post
      12-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Anyone know if this can happen with the 330d ?

I have an E92 330d auto, and same thing with mine tonight, coming home from work.

I`d been in very heavy traffic for about 15 mins, then came to a set of traffic lights.

As I needed the outside lane (to where I was positioned) I gunned it away from the lights, and all felt normal, "disposing" of all traffic around me as usual. Okay, it struggled for traction initially, and the usual light came on, but then I slowed for traffic ahead, and ambled along for about 2 mins. Something else odd was the fact that as I stopped accelerating, I suddenly heard a sort of "pfft" sound from under the car, as though it had come from just under where the driver`s seat-belt base would be............?

When I went to accelerate again, I immediately noticed that the car seemed sluggish, and unwilling to accelerate from low-down the rev-range. Once further up the range, off it went again, just fine.

The odd thing was is that in manual mode it running fine, it just seemed to be more sluggish in "D" mode.

I did try kick-down a couple of times, and it seemed to really lag, longer than usual, and then almost ripped my arms out as it shot forward !? I also tried revving it up, in neutral, whilst at the lights further on, and it revved just fine, (and sounded great )

Anyone think it`s the same thing that the OP has had ?

Any replies gratefully recieved, as I flaming hate it when the motor`s "sick", makes me dead grouchy with everyone !!