06-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishriv View Post
this may be a stupid question but I'm not too familiar on this topic.. i've been searching on the topic of oil coolers for our cars. my 335i came equipped with the stock oil cooler but I've noticed on hot days i will easily approach ~110-120 degrees C (about 230-250F)... and it got me thinking that if i was to track my car, which i do plan on doing, that it will easily go over that. i know some people have replaced the stock oil cooler with bigger ones but it is possible to use an aftermarket one in CONJUNCTION with the stock one being left in place? or is it just better to replace the stock oil cooler core with a bigger aftermarket one? would love if any one could shed light on this.. also if anyone knows of a DIY for this upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
I think there is an aftermarket one that goes in a section on front of the radiator as a second one
My secondary AR Design oil cooler (in front of the radiator) will be on sale soon. I have been tracking with it with no limp mode issues. Let me know if you are interested.