timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMike View Post
Alright -

I removed the ashtray and lighter from the center console and replaced it with a sunglasses holder. I am very pleased with the results.

This now leaves me with a free 12 volt port. I want to make use of that port by adding a USB port to go from the 12 volt port to the glovebox. I realize that the USB port spec does not have voltage ratings that high, so a converter would be required somewhere between the 12 volt port and the USB outlet.

I would prefer to convert the aux port to an aux/USB port in the glovebox.

The link above goes to other links. When I found what I was looking for, the schematic diagram looks like you will be going through a maze in your car. No need for that.

Is that really what bimmer owners have to go through if they wish to add 6FL to their vehicle?
What exactly are you trying to do? USB is 5v.

If you want OEM USB integration you'll need to buy a retrofit kit from a vendor, etc. and install it in the car; if you have hk/l7 sound you'll need to reconfigure the fiber optic MOST loop to include the new device in the audio/infotainment network and possibly have coding done to make the module operate. If you want aftermarket, check out what Dension has to offer - looks like the best aftermarket integration available.