04-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #15
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haagen-Dazs View Post
I'm looking at differente suspension options to fit to my car (springs, KW V2, KW SC).

My two issues are ride quality and ride height. I would like it to be as low as M suspension, perhaps a little (very tiny) lower, and yet be a nice riding quality. I know it's going to be firmer then my stock (really high) suspension, but I don't wan't it to be all jerky on bad roads.

My car is an e92 20d (I think it's about the same ride height as the 328i stock, perhaps more).

Pictures of the SC in their maximum height would be apreciated.

Thanks!
I just had the KW SC susp installed last week. I had the ride height set at my previous BMW Performance susp ride height and assume it will settle down a litter lower over the next 500 mi. It seems to be set in the middle of its ride height range, so it can go lower and probably all the way up to non-sport susp ride height.
I've had Koni FSD's with oe sport susp springs, Koni Sport dampers with oe sport springs and Koni Sport dampers with BMW PS springs. The KW SC offers more ride comfort than any of my previous set ups and handles as well or better than BMW PS+Koni's. The KW SC kit has more bump travel due to shorter shock bodies and longer front springs and superior damper valving than the Koni's. The KW SC is firmer than your oe susp but the ride quality is vastly improved since it absorbs bumps and surface irregularities as opposed to transmitting every little bump to your chassis as sport springs and dampers do.
Get this susp if ride quality is your primary concern and you want the car to handle better Ride quality might be better with the Ohlins R&T susp but their rear spring rates are too soft.