09-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #34
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I own a 335i and recently bought an A6. Hands down, there is no comparison between the interior quality. The 335i rattles are well known. The leather in the 335i is spartan. With the A6, the material quality just feels and looks better. I don't have the rattles but admittedly the car is newer.

I also crossed shopped the F10 535i and A6, and still preferred the A6 interior quality.

Now, I USED to believe that driving feel was always in BMW's camp. How could it not? Quattro is a "FWD" all wheel system. But after comparing the 535i and A6, I can safely say that's no longer the case. The new F10 feels so damn numb. I don't know what BMW was thinking with the F10, but the driver feedback is almost non-existent, it feels like a Mercedes. I'm not expecting to feel every asphalt dimple like you would in a 997, or Cayman S, but the F10 is down right numb at both high and low speed. Both the A6 and F10 535i use electric steering, but with the A6 I feel the feedback a lot more than in the F10.

Performance wise, the A6 beats the 535i in pretty much every category. The V6 is gruntier, and has a torque band that goes on forever.

I never thought I'd say it, but with the F10, it seems like BMW is going more towards the same market segment that Mercedes attracts, while the A6 feels more like a true German sports sedan.

That's why Audi.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. I helped my folks cross-shop and drive tested the E550, A6 and 535i last summer and instantly I only considered the A6 and E550. The 535i was just numb and soulless compared to the other 2.

Nothing in the 535i made me feel special at all. The other 2 just felt better. My folks ended up getting the E550 but something inside me wanted them to pickup the A6.
Appreciate 0