View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
Doyle
Hellafunctional
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Big thanks to JC335xi for helping to get people rounded up!

Alright, so here is the most recent update:

I spoke with Terry, the owner of Fortune Auto, and he is 100% on board with getting an x-drive kit set up. This is the timeline that he anticipates:

-1.5-2 weeks for measuring/mocking up the coilovers
-2 months getting the kit produced
-1.5-2 weeks final testing and evaluation

So, that means the kits will get to the consumers in around 3 months. I'm going to try and get my car to them this week.

For the 10 individuals that have expressed an interest, if that timeline is alright with you, shoot me a PM and I'll ask you a few questions in order to make sure that the consumer's needs/desires are met. I'll also provide any help in choosing spring rates or features if you wish.

From there, I'll send your contact info, and the specific details for your kit to Gary Martin, who will be the retailer for this. I can also send you his info, if you are hesitant about providing info to a third party (just tell him Geoff sent you, and relay the details that you and I will discuss via PM).

With regard to the actual kit, I had a chance to speak with an Evo driver at Hyper Fest this weekend that runs a FA 510 kit. He is a NASA racer that has been on clubsports and Ohlins. He mentioned that by the time they finished valving his set, the dyno between his Ohlins DFV kit and the FA kit were identical. He also had nothing but good things to say about dealing with the company. Slowly, I'm gaining some serious respect for these guys!
Appreciate 0