View Single Post
      02-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Lightbulb ***TRI-STATE Pothole/Roadwork Warning Thread***

Another sticky?

Now lets add some potholes we know and keep everyone from cracking their rims! so

Here are some: (Add in if you can)

Post any potholes/dips/construction you guys know about in the TRISTATE area. Highway names, which lane, direction, between which exits etc... Be as detailed as possible. If the pothole is repaired, come back and let people know about it.

1) LIE - east and west bound - between exits 30's to the 40's - Road all dug up - gravel condition across all lanes - FIXED

2) BQE--->LIE Merge. Coming from the city taking the BQE, when the BQE splits off into 2 lanes going towards the LIE, the right lane has a pretty harsh dip right before you get under the overpass/highway. Take the left lane.

3) LIE East bound right before exit 26ish, all three lanes has a huge raised bump. The right lane is the best one to take but you still need to slow down big time for it. Middle lane is the worse to take even after the raised bump.

4) Belt parkway east bound. When you merge from the BQE onto the Belt on the two lane road, right at exit 2, big bump across both lanes. Your fine if your not dropped and not rolling on 19"s. I just slow down for it.

5) Belt parkway east bound. Same as above. maybe another 500' on the left lane there's a raised plate on the road that will take your front lip off if your dropped. Middle lane is the best.

6) Gothals bridge construction going from Staten Island into NJ. Half paved, half not. Doable if you drive slow.

7) Lincoln Tunnel from NJ back into NY. Right before you enter the tubes, huge dip/bump on both lanes. Must slow down to avoid hard hit or ripping your front lip off.

8) BQE heading towards the city from BK. Two exits before the BK bridge exit, where you drive with the perfect city view on your left there are metal plates that takes up the left and middle lanes. Take the right lane. Your fine once you reach the BK bridge overpass.

9) FDR Drive is off limits if you have 18+ rims and dropped. I only use it up to Houston street exit and I have to get off.

-Try to stay off the right lane on FDR South Bound... slow down, especially before Queensborough bridge exit...

10)From I-87 South to exit 2 to NY (to avoid toll) watch out for uneven pavement (for those who drops).

11) Van Wyck I-678N (Queens) towards Whitestone bridge... slow down when 3 lanes merge into 2 lanes (entering ramp??)... uneven and rough terrain on the left lane... try to merge to the left lane coming of ramp to avoid steel plates.

12) Roslyn road (N) 1/2 mile past LIE, right lane its a sunken patch, its in the dark you wont see it until you hit it its in a certain spot where there are no lights. i know b/c i hit it i thought i broke everything, but i didnt.

13) 25A East towards huntington, road is in process of being torn up and replace ln by ln..expect holes and traffic

14) LIE to Van wyck exit 22B slow down!!! road sunk and drainage pipeS are stciking up, its a 1/4 mile of speed bumps

15) stay away from the ramp that leads to the gw bridge -> comming from the major deegan.

16) RT 107 south between 25a and LIE, both side ripped up, watch out the road cuts back to normal in front of S.U.N.Y westbury (bad cliff so go slow) or there will be some cracked rims

17) Rt 107 between nothern pkwy and Mcdonalds heading south. far left is a massive hole in the road stay in far right lanes (rim and kit killer)

18) Cross Island coming from Belt parkway. Construction going on by Hempstead Exit. Stay in the far left lane. Middle lane and slow lane is rough, unpaved with a lot of gravel. Be very very careful.

19) watch out on southern state eastbound, right before the rest area in valley stream. There is a massive pothole in the left lane..

**ADD IF YOU CAN -- IT WILL SAVE OUR WALLETS AND RIDES.... It's better to know, then hear... or tell yourself.. "That sounded and FELT bad.."

NYC CONSTRUCTION

Well, hope it helps...
Appreciate 0