Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P'Zone View Post
Dude you can't say Jordan was the best player ever. He was the best player in his era, no one can be name the best player ever because they never played against one another. Bill Russell has more rings, Kareem has more points, Oscar Robinson has better stats, there is no best player ever.
Kareem, Russell, West, Robertson were all legendary players in the game (don't forget Chamberlain too) but man, nobody TOOK OVER the game like Michael. Not even close. Kobe, LBJ, even Magic all have had jordan-esque performances hitting game winning shots... but not as consistently or as as dominantly as MJ ever did.

I was reading an article today that put it best. It was saying when you needed ANYTHING on the court, MJ gave it to you. Need 50pts, he'll give you 55. Need a game winner from the top of the key, how about 4 of um in the playoffs alone. He just did whatever he needed to do and accomplished it anyway he could.

I don't think anyone has ever nor ever will (at least for a long time) display the same kind of killer instinct, poise under pressure and sheer athleticism as MJ did, which makes him the greatest ever in my book.

God I get chills every time I see him play... still.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/features/jordan23
Appreciate 0