View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Angry i think i just blew my tranny...

Driving back home today, it was raining and very slippery on the road. I balanced out and proceeded to gas the car and as I grabbed second, a loud pop sound came from my tranny... curious on what it was, i immediately pulled into a parking lot and turned the car off. It sounds similar to a grinding/ clunking noise from my transmission area and my buddy told me I could've broke my syncro or just a simple bearing blowout. Ill throw a video sound clip of it when I have the chance but for now, do you guys know what this could be??? When I release the clutch, the noise comes in and when I press the clutch, it slowly disappears. I had to drive the car from the tow truck to my drive way and as I was, it felt like I was snapping something. I never let go of the clutch completely balancing out because I didn't want to hear the noise anymore and even out of gear, it makes the loud noise as soon as I release the clutch. The car jerks a little and feels like there's a rock inside of the gear box. But, in honesty, when I was grabbing second, I lost traction in first which is why I proceeded to second gear. As soon as I hit second, it shot back out and made the noise. I'm planning on doing a full rebuild of the tranny but do you guys have any ideas on what this could be?
P.S.Don't post if you guys are just gonna bash. So what if I floored it, everyone does from time to time.

UPDATE: The rattling only shows up on first and second gear, the worst is second !
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.

Last edited by kiwi29; 11-10-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0