View Single Post
      06-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

How long have you been using this stuff? At only 8.5 ounces and such a fine mist do you find yourself going thru it quickly?
I have been using Red Mist for the past two months - a colleague of mine sent me a bottle from the UK. I have the 500 ml bottle and have not used much at all; for example it takes ~ 8 sprays total for the entire hood of my 335i coupe.

I have used two other Quick Detailers in my life - Blackfire Deep Gloss Sealant and Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield.

The Blackfire returned very good results with good durability (about a week).

The Menzerna (mind you it is made under license, not actually made by Menzerna) was freaking awesome leaving the car super shiny and slippery BUT the durability was very poor (only lasting a few days)

Red Mist returns slightly better results that Blackfire with the same durability (about a week). That being said, the Blackfire seems to have better cleaning ability pulling up any dried water spots.

I posted on Dodo Juice's UK forums and DodoDom (I believe he was one of the founders of Dodo) replied that Red Mist is optimized for gloss then durability then cleaning-power with ratings of 9-8-3 respectively when scored on a 1 to 10 scale.

Hope this helps and please note that I am not a professional detailer - just a guy who thanks to these forums has learned a lot and enjoys getting better with each week's car washing cycle!
Montego Blue / Saddle Brown / Gray Poplar
6-speed Manual (CDV-free) / BMW Performance Exhaust / Dinan Intercooler / Dinan Stage 2 / Dinan Cold Air Intake
BMW Performance Suspension / Dinan LSD / 19" Forgestar F14s / Front and Rear M3 Bushings & Arms / Rear Sway / Dinan Monoballs

Last edited by ManyMoonsAgo; 06-05-2009 at 07:10 PM.