View Single Post
      09-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Ok, I need to get an alignment as I\'ve recently changed out shocks. So I need to decide to stay with stock camber or ask for something more aggressive.

My questions are what are the benefits of more negative camber, what driving dynamics change, and what are negatives, such as uneven tire wear.

Also what differences are felt in straight line driving (freeway) and cornering, both positive and negative.

Thanks!!
Fraggy, do you have the front tension struts and control arms? I don't see them in your sig. W/o camber plates, you can go for max camber in front, and still not get tire wear, according to most people on this board.

Increasing camber might increase steering effort a little. It's possible that setting for max camber will give up a little caster. It will increase front grip. Other than that I don't think you'll feel a difference. :-)
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0