DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Ok cool, so with camber plates and M3 bits there is not too much I can do mess things up. I might get a slightly better feel around corners and maybe a tad more tire wear, but nothing dramatic like making the car way too "touchy" or anything.
Fraggy, I have Dinan camber plates and both M3 arms. I'll post up a pic, been running this since last Nov on new tires... no inside front tire wear at all. The rear tires are SHOT btw... the inside rear tires with the torque we have wears the rears bad on the inside.

Handling - when I replace the RFTs, I had stock camber - the tire would roll over completely on hard cornering. Once I got the M3 arms and camber plates in, the following happened:

1) Turn in was HUGELY better
2) cornering was way better than stock - way more grip all around
3) the car didn't plow like it did stock.
4) The steering was way more precise - no slop, very direct. Point the car, it goes there - with a ton of control and precision.
5) Tramlining was GONE.... that is the best part on this mod. The car doesn't lurch all over if you go over a rut or change lanes - that was infuriating.
6) Steering is a bit firmer, but nice - no worries
7) WET/SNOW driving shows huge benefits - the car turns better for some reason - the understeer and plowing on wet/snow was very bad - it is very much improved

1 CON: The Dinan camber plates (that don't make noise) add 1/2" or so to the front ride height - that sucks. I did get the dinan suspension, which brought it back down to stock. You COULD drill the pins out in the front and change camber that way without raising the front of the car that is already too high.

I can't say enough on this collection of mods. Do it.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0