09-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #66
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
Comparable to you, is being past by a tricked out Fiesta, would it bother you? Lol.

Lol, I'm not a regular road racer, and I certainly don't participate in the "nice kill!" commentaries, but it always feels good to pass a car when most think you shouldn't have been able to. And it never feels good when the CRX (with no exterior work, but a v8 crammed in the back seat) goes easily passing you by.

That's what makes sleepers so lovable. Nothing breaks a Ferrari owners heart like being passed by a rusted mid-80s Volvo (containing a twin turbo v10) or a cheap RX8 (with a 20B or 26B twin-turbo engine crammed under the bonnet).

...so, yes, being passed by the Fiesta would irk me, and yes, being passed by a d likely irked the M owner. At the end of the day, though, its all about if you like what's in your garage. The M owner goes home saying "I love my M, but what a slick d" and the d owner goes home saying "I love my d and have a lot of respect for that m" or perhaps "I love my d, but f*ing Fiesta!"

NRG, sorry you regret your decision. As fellow car guys/gals, I'm sure we can all empathize with how much it would suck to drive a car you don't love (even though most of us love ours). What lead to making the wrong decision in the first place? Didnt you know that the d was not an M? Also, why the SUV if you prefer smaller, more precision-oriented vehicles?

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0