07-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90gone View Post
So I installed a JB4 G4 on my 2008 e90 335i today and it throws these two codes right away. 2aa1 (Camshaft sensor outlet, single) and 3100 (low boost mode engaged - CEL displayed) I get the half engine on the dash and it goes into limp mode. The only thing I have done to the car is BMS intake and M3 steering wheel with DTC paddles. I have used code clearing on 1-3 and on tune 1 and it doesn't help. I have also tried tune 0 with no luck either. I have taken these steps:

1.) checked the pins none damaged or bent.
2.) check connections all were good and tight
3.) unplug/install jb4 and it work perfect, reinstall and throws codes again
4.) used jb4 USB and scan tool to try and clear codes with no help
5.) update firmware to latest

Now when I unplug everything and go back to factory everything works perfectly and no codes. Once the jb4 goes on it throws codes and goes into limp mode.

Can someone point me in the right direction on what to check or what I am doing wrong? I am lost and frustrated. I emailed BMS and they won't help because I bought the JB4 G4 second hand.
You have got to be kidding, Terry back's up his product with support (doesn't matter if you are the original or Nth owner). They also have their own forum which has tons of helpful folks:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

What I would do is make sure you are following all the steps in the install doc + the video to the letter. I also print out the XLS sheet and keep a hard copy of it in my phone and in the glove box. I would keep the car on Map 0, then read the codes (1-1) and then delete the codes (1-2). Then try to see if the car works? Try driving it around a little (gently) to see if the codes clear up. Research a little more on what those codes are too??
Appreciate 0