Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
Thank you for an honest and realistic review kamek!

Though it may not have been what you/we had expected, I suppose it's still the best solution out there
You're welcome!

I can't say if it's the best, but I went with AA because they're the most reputable name I know. I was looking for an equal amount of performance and peace of mind that my car would be running well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
Great review.

I've been on the fence about this tune and a BMW PE for my E91, but like you, have no local shop that can do the AA tune for me, so I'd have to send it to them and be without my car for a few days.

Think maybe I'll do the PE and decide on the tune later. Maybe by then I'll have a local shop who can do it, which would make my decision to do it MUCH easier.
Thanks!

The process of mailing in your ECU to AA is painless, but getting it out is another story. I did as AA told me to do and ran into a dead end because they gave me the wrong information on two accounts (ECU removal and first startup). If you decide to remove it yourself, use the JB3 installation video on YouTube to help guide your way into the ECU box.

Otherwise, don't hesitate on the BMW PE -- you'll love it. I'd choose the BMW PE first, over the AA tune. When I first installed it, it was my absolute favorite mod, but my favorite mod was replaced by the secondary cat delete that I did to my BMW PE, which brought out and heightened the beautiful tone it emits.
Appreciate 0