05-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbootch View Post
1. Will this void any sort of warranty I have with BMW? I would guess not, but you never know...
No.

Quote:
2. Will this interfere with DSC or anything like that? Or do I need to get the same exact size as the original wheel in order for this to be OK?
You may have to get your TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) valve thingy placed in your new wheels so your car will not think you have a flat. Canadian E90s do not have TPMS so I have not paid attention to this. You can search for "TPMS".

Any reputable tire shop should be able to install TPMS properly when you purchase your new set of wheels and tires.

Quote:
3. Is there any recommended best-practices for the size of wheels or type of tires? i.e. is 18x8.5 and 18x9.0 a good idea, or am I really better off doing something else?
19" x 8.5 (for the front) and 19" x 9.5 (for the rears) is popular around here. You could stick with 18" which is probably more economical (as rims and tires are generally cheaper in small sizes). But 19" is most popular around here because it looks the best. You will sacrifice marginal ride comfort with bigger tires/lower profile tires of course.

Quote:
4. How do I get it installed? Is this something that anybody can do, or do I need to take it to the dealership to get it done right?
A reputable tire shop can probably sell you the tires/rims and install them for you. Alternatively you can order online from one of the sponsored vendors (ie. such as TireRack, TheModCity, JLevi SW, **********s, etc) and get a local tire shop to install them on your car.

Your dealership can do it as well, but they tend to overcharge. Try not to order wheels/tires from your dealer either as they will charge you and an arm and a leg.
Appreciate 0