10-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierdoc View Post
Actually, the answer is NOT there.

Yes - the older Non-HD systems have a 2011 update, but what about the HD i-Drive? Ambiguous at best.

On the Navigation Update Home page it says the 2011 version is NOW available - presumably for all models.

But, when you select a model with the HD iDrive it simply says you need to visit your dealer. No confirmation that the 2011 Teleatlas updates are indeed available for the HD iDrive.

I'm going to call the dealer and see if they know.
What I think is that there is a bunch of lazy-ass people in this forum... the new, HD-based iDrive requires a set of FSC enabling codes from the dealer to activate the new map update. The FSC codes are based on your VIN. The DVD set is no longer sold by Navteq or TeleAtlas for that particular reason: you have to go to the dealer in person to at least purchase the codes as they either will load the codes into your car using their system or give you a pdf document with a printed 20-character code for you to enter when prompted by the iDrive screen.

The 3 DVD set has to be also bought at the dealer, however it can be ordered online at Tisher or United BMW.

I posted the P/N of both items, with prices, photos and how the process work in this forum. Search, please.
Appreciate 0