Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiBimmer2008 View Post
I guess another question I have is, If the vehicle I purchased has not had Hpfp issues, can I bring it in for the recall ? Or go with the saying If it ain't broke don't fix it ..
Of course you can bring it in for the recall. There's a recall on the injectors also. Fuel system issues have largely been resolved. Don't wait till it dies on you.

You should be fine in any event with the CPO warranty. It covers all engine issues you'd have. My car has had what seems like one of everything under CPO (plugs, 11 injectors, starter, VANOS solenoid, wastegate actuators, left muffler, etc...I could go on and on), and it's been really reliable lately (not so much the first couple years I owned it, while BMW was apparently still working out the kinks).

After a while, all the things that are going to go wrong will get sorted out. Of course, you'll eventually have to pay to replace suspension parts that aren't covered (I just did my tension struts, for example) and consumables. A year ago I would've said the N54 isn't worth keeping beyond the warranty but now I'm not so sure. Either way, you have about 2 years of CPO to find out how reliable it is.

Dont worry about the number of owners. 31k is low miles. Mine is an August build 2007 that just turned 70,000 miles and I maintain it like crazy - I've never been more confident about its reliability than I am today.

For what it's worth, the service records are FAR more important than number of owners. You want one that was maintained well by all its owners.