View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC
I have love for Harold, but posting his stuff in my thread is in poor taste IMO. I'd ask that you edit that out.

With that said, we are selling 'final drives' that include a LSD unit. The LSD unit can be manufactured by Quaife, OS Giken, KAAZ etc. You still have to assemble the unit and that process is detailed in my original post. $1200 is the cost for just the unit.

The labor will vary dramatically if it is a welded or bolted final drive too. All of that is explained in my original post

]
Edited per your request. I did not realize that fully half of the cost was your machining process For the final drive.

I'm sorry that you think my post was in poor taste. I'm quite close to being your customer. However, I Will not be an uninformed customer. It was simply a question that related to that post which I quoted that I happened to come across. I posted the whole thing because I was on my iPhone at the time and couldn't edit it down easily.

On that note, I might add that you're not posting in a for sale forum, You were posting in an information forum. I don't think any of us in this forum have a problem with that as you are giving specific service to the diesel... In fact I think most of us would quite rather the information right here. However, I think you should be prepared to expect posts such as mine in such a forum.

Thanks for your interest in the diesel community Mike.
Appreciate 0