View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonprice07 View Post
For me the car is much more pleasant to drive, still firm, in fact it may be firmer, but less harsh if that makes sence (it's not a Roller)
Good review Jason and I concur with your findings, although I had the whole lot (springs, dampers, M3 bushings, ARB's and Quaife) done in one go by Birds.
You don't mention if you are on runflats but changing those for decent conventional rubber helps a lot as well.
Leaving aside the Quaife diff, I find the biggest improvement is on typical A road bends, complete with tar banding, minor road repairs etc. Previously the car would skip about and bang and crash - which does nothing for confidence and just spoils any fun. Post Birds there is so much more composure and feel - in short the car now corners quite flat, feels reasonably sporty and I have confidence in it on our typical road surfaces.
I do wish it was a little softer around town but you can't have everything I suppose, without fancy adaptive suspension anyway.
In my opinion, the 335 doesn't handle terribly well "out of the box" with run flats and factory suspension. Get those sorted and (whilst still no M3) you have a car that copes really well with British road and traffic conditions. No doubt alternatives to Birds's solution are out there too.

So, when are you getting the sub frame bushings and Quaife done?!

Mike.
Appreciate 0