09-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Not quite, first question is if dealer would update only engine and tranny , if yes ( and this is odd cause their soft usually didnt allowed to update single modules) than your coding is safe, if not and they will update whole car you will loose all settings, and now you have two options :

- Your other modules are quite new so there will be no big update for them , you can restore your coding copy

- Your other modules are quite old and there are many updates for modules you cannot restore your coding cause many times in updated modules many values have changed and you will get error after error trying to restore it
Yes I assume my modules are quite old. I haven't performed an update since 2011. So I'm thinking I can't even simply copy/paste the file. Each line of code and value has to be carefully reviewed and changed in the updated version.
Appreciate 0