View Single Post
      11-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #55
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblue View Post
So UUC front bar plus oem m3 rear sway bar with m3 bushings is a good combo? I was planning on getting m3 rear sway bar and then eventually getting a UUC front sway bar when i can find one... Since supposedly buying them new doesn't really guarantee you will get them lol. Will the UUC front bar overpower the m3 rear bar? Or should I try and get UUC front and rear if possible?
That last bit is actually a good question. I got the M3 rear bar first, had heard all the UUC stuff and wanted to stay away. Then after some other tweaks (replaced rear eibachs with OEM ZSP D2) I found the car had a bit to much rear roll stiffness. Happened to stumble across a sale on the UUC bars couple of weeks ago and thought why not. Plus they were selling front bar separately.

Zero issues shipping, shipped next day in fact, no BS or waiting, bar arrived and everything was fine. Having gone through that painless experience I'm wondering if I should have gone with both front and rear form the beginning. But I am very pleased with the set up as is. M3 bar is 22.5 mm, but hollow. UUC bar is (I think) 19.5mm but supposedly solid.

I got the M3 bar with the nicer OEM delrin bushings and brackets, shipped for $200. UUC bar with their yellow poly bushings @ 15% off but expensive shipping was $290 total.

Either way, what I think is a big rear bar is just too much bar for stock XI front bar, esp since I went to softer springs (Eibachs are softer than stock).

So I think really it doesn't matter which way you go, just be aware the UUC are available and might as well get a matched pair if it is within budget. M3 bar is a nice piece but not sure it is any better. It MAY be a tad stiffer depending on the hollow vs solid 22.5 mm vs 19.5mm.
Appreciate 0