03-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #130
EliteAutoImports
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Sport/Nav/Prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanInToronto View Post
To your these 2 points:

a. What do you think of this car being at USD 27k?
b. Is BMW dealerships really denying warranty? What if I'm a new immigrant from the US? (I really AM!).....why should i be penalized for buying a car in the US where I was living at the time?
a: I don't quite understand, which car for $27k?
b: If you read the official response from BMW on Warranty and Importing to Canada, they can deny you warranty claims if not followed. I have come across stories from both sides, some having no issues and others with issues. It would appear it depends on the Dealership. Again, my perspective is that I don't feel comfortable in gambling the warranty status for cars for my clients. If you want to take the risk, that is your personal choice. If my client wanted to take the risk, that is their choice. My experience is that they do not.

I don't' understand your other point, can you please clarify what you mean by, "why should i be penalized for buying a car in the US where I was living at the time?" Did you own the US vehicle in the US while you were an American Citizen? Now you have moved to Canada and have brought this vehicle with you?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0