03-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #18
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
I would clay the entire wheel including the barrel. I am OCD that way.

De-con as in decontaminate. IronX makes the claying process easier by getting rid of most contaminants that is on the paint.

IronX was originally designed for paint but could be use on wheels while Sonax was designed for wheels. They both change color when they are working and they both smell equally bad. IronX changes color when it encounters iron particles while Sonax changes color when it encounters brake dust, oily film, and dirt.

Just to confuse you further.... here is another product by CarPro call TRIX. It is PH neutral and it removes iron particles as well as tar. I also have this product in my bag of tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7NVkfljV3Dw

The good thing about most CarPro products is that you could order sample packs. You get to see what works on your car without having to commit to a full bottle. Best of both worlds.

http://www.carpro-us.com/samples/

good Luck.
I would love to clean, clay, wax and seal my wheels but mesh is the biggest PITA ever lol.

You definitely got my head spinning, there are so many products and I had one more question, how do you feel about eagle1 all wheel cleaner? I've used it before and it made cleaning 1000x times easier but that was only on my old wheels. Do you think it'll dull the shine of my new ones? And also while looking at your link, I found a video that shows a guy using iron x before claying(on paint). I definitely see the difference. Do yu think it'll remove most of the other stuff so the claying process is faster?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0