View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Sounds more like a PWM issue with your car honestly. Did you every try running them directly off the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageKeptE92 View Post
I'm an avid believer that you get what you par for is right most of the time. After reading a thread like this about a year ago on a different forum I said for the money let me find out what is the deal with these HID Kits from DDM Tuning. Needless to say I was disapointed out of the gate. I installed them. The first time out they flickered and I had to shut them off and turn them back on. They fired up shortly after. All seemed well. A couple months down the road I had the same problem and they wouldn't turn on. I had to turn them off and on and they would eventually go on. This got to the point where I had to habitually turn the headlights on and off before they would turn on. I went through there troubleshooting process and it seemed to stem from a bad bulb as I switched ballast and not the bulbs and the problem still remained on one side. So I went through the process of getting a warranty claim through, and I had to pay the shipping charges. I got the new bulb and everything seemed fine. Then no more then a week later that same side wouldn't turn on. Troubleshooted again, and it seemed it was the ballast as I switched ballast and it worked. I cut my losses right there and through the damn things out. I can read 100 more reviews of peoples HID kits working from DDM tuning. I'm normally a busy person throughout the day and I dont like taking up my spare time to troubleshoot HID's every other week. I'll stick with a more reputable company and pay a few extra dollars. You have to ask yourself why they are so damn cheap if everyone else charges nearly 2x more.