Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
Are you using the new wheels throughout the year?

1) Buy winter tires for the stock wheels.
2) Purchase aftermarket wheels for the rest of the year, which brand depends on how much you want to spend, AMG, Vossen, HRE, and Vorsteiner are relatively popular with MB owners right now (my opinion). Of course do your research and there are many other reputable companies... ADV.1 has had quite a bit of bad press with the online community lately.
3) Purchase summer or all season tires for your new wheels.
4) Sell the all seasons that are on the stock wheels to recuperate some $$$

Summary: you now have the stock wheels equipped with the winter wheels and new wheels equipped with all all seasons. You recuperated some money from selling the original all seasons on the stock wheels.

For the winter the stock wheels will work well since they are narrow and my guess is that they are 17s, which allows for more sidewall... less prone to damage from potholes caused by the winter and a little more flex...
we are actually getting upgraded 18"amg wheels as stock (which i'll just run all seasons on) so this 2nd set will be for winter.

was thinking i'd do 18's for winters too. current 'wagon' has just had one set of 18s (stock) for 8 years and has been ok. i'll keep the aspect ratio in mind though to make sure i've got enough sidewall.

thanks for tips on manufacturers.
Appreciate 0