View Single Post
      02-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #161
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport (on order)

E92 M-Sport UK

The M-Sport Coupe is available from Week 10 production in the UK. I ordered mine last week and it's is on week 11 production with expected delivery in mid April. Sorry for you US guys if it's not available for you.

I am totally sold on the exterior package, other than the grey plastic used for the rear bumber. This is different from the black used in the previous coupe model M-sport. I currently have a 330cd Sport and before that 330ci Sport (so you could say I'm a fan!) and always buy Black Sapphire. If anyone has any pics of a a black Saloon with the Msport kit then please post them so I can have a look - the rear is basically the same as the coupe and dark grey as well. Not too late to change my mind and go for Graphite!

Aside from that small reservation, I would not buy a non m-sport coupe model here in the UK - people started buyng the m-sport package very commonly pretty soon after it was relaesed last time around 6 years ago and any non m-sport cars here just don't do the business now! Protect your residuals! My trade in value for my curret sport is now way above the balloon payment for my car - not the same for some of my unfortunate colleagues who bought lesser BMW 3 series models.

The other problem for me wth the new coupe is that 18" wheels look to small on it. I've upgraded to the 225M 19" but the cost of tyres will probably kill me! I also think the M-sport could do with at least a lip spoiler as well. Any views on the spoiler available from the standard 3 series accessories catalogue? Don't know if this available for the coupe?
Appreciate 0