02-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #27
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Ah - I misread what you were saying - I thougt you were saying they did a stage 3 for £500!!!!

Evolve'site says +100bhp for stage 3, i.e. 406.... or are they just being conservative??

Is 390 realistic for stage 1 when other tuners need hardware mods to get over 380?

Even DMS is only about 375 for stage 1 I believe?

But I supposed a lot of it is down to difference is calculated flywheel power, if we dealt in wheel-power it would be a bit more accurate...
Good to talk this through I must say.

From what I can tell - the Evolve map is like most others in that it lands around 380+ although from what I can also tell, Evolve aim quite high without being irresponsible and that is why I like them.

The Stage 3 was RR'ed on their Dyno at something like 430 recently, I believe... there was a thread on the Technical section and if I had a mastery of two tabs at once, I would find it for you!!!!

I am hoping to add an exhaust and oil cooler to the Stage 3 (I guess making it a Stage 4) and along with the Quaiffe Diff, I am hoping I can spend the whole day with Imran or as much as he will allow working towards a very safe and driveable figure...

I may, perhaps overexaggerate the Stage 3/4 figure to justify in my own mind the cost I will incur to move from Stage 1 to 4 because the £3000 for Stage 3 doesn't include the exhaust which will inevitably sting me for another £1000 on top.

So don't take my figures as red mate, wait and see what the Dyno says but I am definately hoping for a decent figure.

As I have discussed with Tony before, I may be a bit of a Dick, but I am primarily after a car which will perform consistently well. The 'Ring will test me to my limits and I certainly don't want to die, nor do I want to blow the wheels off hence why I want the uprated Oil Cooler.

The next big decision is do I go for an uprated cooler, or a second unit? The second unit is bloody £900 more fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
Appreciate 0