dervin1968
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
My 335is is on order!

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum today. I've had 2x e46s (still driving one of them), a e36, and my wife's F10 should arrive any day now. Just a couple weeks ago I decided to finally pull the trigger on a 335is. I've been eyeing this model since they were announced in 2010. I test drove the 2013 335i sedans when I decided on the F10. The sedans felt rather numb in the steering department and I couldn't get over the iPad on the dash, so I started to get worried about the new 4-coupes. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get a new 335is and was afraid I'd waited too long. So, here's my story...

I just ordered the 335is 4 days ago. I started the process about 3 weeks earlier emailing my dealer and at that time I was told all remaining production slots for US bound 335is coupes were already filled. I was sure I had waited too long and was out of luck, but my local dealership is only about a mile away so I stopped in to see what could be done. I worked a lot with my dealer who was able to see what was in production, status 150, and what had not yet started production, status 112. There were only 3 production slots not already owned by someone, meaning they were going to dealers to sell on their lots. My dealership worked hard with these out of state dealers and was able to get one of the slots from a dealership in Seattle. I'm in Northern Colorado. Since production hadn't started I was able to select the build configuration. I'm expecting the car at the end of July or early August.

If you're still holding out you might be out of luck. Seems the other two dealerships did not want to give up their slots. But, if you are OK with buying a dealership's build configuration there were some white on red and black on blacks, maybe even a blue on black if I remember right, at dealerships around the US just last week.

BTW: I ordered Space Grey coupe, red leather, premium pkg., cold weather pkg., premium sound pkg., 6spd MT.

Can't wait to start throwing those gears around!

I'll post some pics after it arrives.

dervin1968
Appreciate 0