View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
Bimmer305
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Believe me...I understand your point - there are flaws in the system as there will always be. What if your mother was driving your car? Why should you be nailed with the ticket? --- Those are all legit arguments.

I've seen the uproar and I've seen the links of people yelling the cameras are "unconstitutional".

There are flaws in all systems and if you weren't driving or some extreme example like that...then yes by all means fight and argue as we are all allowed a fair hearing - take it to court.

But if your speeding as the light turned yellow and you had NO TIME to stop or you would be in the middle of the street...so you had to eat it - too bad!

If you said fuck it...and ate the light - too bad!

If you didn't stop at a red light before turning right and there's a sign that says, "hey dick...stop before turning" - too bad!

I'm personally tired of seeing assholes (in BMW's or any other car) eat red lights. There's nothing cool about T-Boning someone or being T-Boned. My wife was T-Boned by some "awesome" driver in Miami and it was horrible.

I understand the issues with other people driving the car and issues like those...I really do. If that's the case - fight the ticket.

Honestly - If you drive right...you won't have shit to complain about. I'm no angel and I do shit as well...but I don't create threads to bitch and attempt to start uproar.

Its simple logic...stop doing dumb shit and you will honestly reduce any chance of shit like this happening to you.
+1 on your point.

But I don't think red light cameras are the solution to the problem. It is just creating another one.
There has been an increase on accidents at traffic lights with red light cameras due to people slamming on the brakes as soon as they see the yellow light and the car behind them ending up rear ending it.