View Single Post
      12-02-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
hiepster
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SG

I paid 3000 for extended maintenance and warranty on my 330i. My last car was a 2001 BMW 325Ci, at the time there was only 36K miles or 3 year maintenance. Right before my 36K miles came I decided to pay 6 or 8 hundreds to get my maintenance extended to 50K miles. at 44K miles my 2nd break job was due which could have costed me at least 800 so it paid for the extended maintenance. At 51K miles I had the Inspection 2, which I had to pay for because the maintenance had expired at 50K miles and it costed me 1K. I just sold my car right before the 5 years anniversary with 64K miles on it. If I kept that old car, within a few weeks I would have to pay for an oil service and in a few months another break job. So the extended maintenance pays for itself and some more. The extended warranty i am not sure but I bought it anyway. My last car, I had to spend 400 bucks to replace the Oxygen sensor in the exhaust system. IMO, the extended maintenance is worth it, the extended warranty is optional but it will also increases resale value.
Appreciate 0