09-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #34
DavidZ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramez75 View Post
My car is built Jan 2009 but I have the same fuse box as the one you have in the picture. You said you used PIN 8 of the plug, do I do the same thing you did or do I follow the instruction and connect to the Blue Plug PIN7 (mine is occupied) so I use the miniature connector.
See this post.

Quote:
How do you tell the difference between the before and after 03/07
Compare the fuse box to the pictures in the instructions. They're physically different. One has 15-pin connectors and the other 10-pin.

Quote:

I found the twisted green/orange wires in the harness underneath the carpeting. They are twisted so good that i cant get the miniature connector between them. Did you cut the orange/green and green wires in the harness then splice them into the orange/green and green wires of the rear PDC wiring kit using the miniature connectors
I cut about 3 or 4 strands of the black fabric/tape/wrap around the thickest part of the wiring harness that I circled in red - basically where the harness is still on the floor before it goes up along the firewall. This freed up several inches of the wires which was enough for me to untwist them enough to fit a miniature connector in there without having to cut any wires.
'11 BMW E90 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0