07-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Are swift sport springs out yet? If not you to do a whole coilover conversion right?

yes, at this point, if you want coilovers with the konis, you can get the HPA conversion. But you might as well try them with your springs and see how you like them before dropping the money on the conversion kit.

I recently installed yellows on my car with regular sport springs. There is definitely a very noticeable difference. Not as dramatic as with the coilovers I tried, but it is also more comfortable. Maybe only slightly firmer than OEM in most situations, but there is a lot more roll control.

I have the compress-to-adjust rears, which are at a little more than 1.5 complete turns from soft. I still think it needs a bit more rebound control though, so I may give it another half turn. I've left the trunk liners out of the car, so removing/replacing the rear shocks takes me about 10 mins per side now (it's only 2 nuts - pretty easy).

but the actual adjustment on the shock is pretty vague. I've read you are supposed to feel "stops" when you turn, but I really can't feel anything definite. I just turned slowly a few times toward full soft and hoped that reset them, and then turned them the other way to adjust rebound (which is opposite of the fronts btw).

***EDIT - I didn't feel the stop because the shaft was turning when I first tried to adjust them.. since I've done it the correct way, and you can definitely feel the stops.*****

maybe I should have held out for the ones with the top adjuster, oh well.

Also, I'm still on RFT's, but just took delivery of a new set of rims which I'll be putting non-RFT tires on soon, so that may affect ride quality somewhat.

Last edited by mike-y; 08-07-2011 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0