View Single Post
      12-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #116
curt2199
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I just had this happen to my 07 335i. My battery was dead after the car sat for a few days in the cold. I jumped it and did a full charge and my red steering lock icon came on. The car drove fine for another week before the same thing happened again.. battery dead. This time I put it on the charger again and charged the battery full (according to my charger). Red light on and car won't start this time.

I then pulled the battery. It has a 3/11 MFR date and 3-4 years seems early for these but I took it to advance auto and they tested it. They said it tested ok but had a 70-80% pull and the window shows insufficient charge (after being on the charger overnight at 10 amps).

I bought a new autocraft gold battery and installed it and still have the red light. From the way it sounds, the dead battery caused the code and I just need to clear or have it cleared. I just bought a K+DCAN cable and plan to use the tools mentioned here to clear the counter and/or codes to hopefully get this care on the road again.
Appreciate 0