View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #67
greye90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So wait a second, BMW replaces the rear crankshaft seal and clutch (I assume due to oil contamination), but won't replace a valve cover gasket because of "wear & tear". Didn't you see this as ass backwards? So a seal that is supposed to seal around a rotating shaft is not seen as a wear and tear item, but a gasket (seal) that is STATIC by besign and doesn't seal any moving parts is a wear and tear issue. LOL

I'm sorry, but a car that is supposed to be as well engineered as a BMW shouldn't have failing valve cover gaskets, especially if the issue is material engineering. One of the ideas behind BMW is that you pay for better engineering, but it's really not so.
yah for sure. Just a gasket-why is would it crumble to pieces? Car is only 4 years old. Not old if you ask me.
The rear main/clutch was done at 40K kms, while under regular warranty. Factory extended didnt cover v/cover gasket after regular ended. Just poor material engineering-nothing more to be said.
CPO warranty is a crock. Wish there could be some way to go after BMW for misrepresenting the warranty.
I realize it does say no wear/tear items are covered, but doesn't that almost imply nothing is covered on the whole car? Everything is wear and tear!
Appreciate 0