View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #75
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

As far as reliability goes it is hard to compare a basic appliance of a car to a more performance oriented luxury car in my honest opinion.

Luxury performance cars are more temperamental due to their advanced technology and greater stress on engine and transmission etc....compared to a run of mill basic economy class car.

The goal with economy cars is reliability and affordability. However, even with these economy cars if you get one that has too much luxury features you end up with lot more hassles.

As far reliability goes I am in corner of Koreans with their super long 10 year/100K warranty. Also, the build quality has improved by leaps and bounds. As is the case with my wife's Optima Hybrid. On the side note poor Toyota has had some miserable year with regards to reliability and now failing the new safety crash test for Both Camry and Prius with poor ratings.

However, I love my BMW and so far my 335i has been under warranty and I have not been stuck with any major issues that could not be taken care of under warranty. I love my E92 N54 335i more then any economy car I have ever driven.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0