NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
The 335i was a blast until it hits 60k miles. It's almost like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Previously my '01 330ci transmission broke at 60k. Yes 60k miles I was facing a $4k transmission repair...
Which transmission did the 330ci have and did you do any maintenance on it prior? Just curious here, 60k is way to early for either the auto or the manual to fail even without a fluid change. BTW, 60k is a maximum interval for automatic transmission fluid change, not necessarily a recommended interval.

Also, what went wrong with your '07 335i? Is it in a previous post?

Quote:
And finally, take your car to an independent mechanic to have it checked out for problems about 5k miles before your warrant expire. That $150 will be well spent.
I couldn't agree more. I just got valve cover, intake gasket and oil filter housing gaskets changed at $0 cost. The indie mechanic that cleaned my intake valves told me about the leaks and because I was able to complain about specific leaks, I got it taken care of.

It also pays to find a BMW center with a good reputation for service (ask around here), and find an SA you can work with, and then give him/her good ratings on the after-service survey. That's how the system works.

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0