View Single Post
      09-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #39
Ultimate Racing
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i, Evo VIII, WRX, STi, 350Z

Well first off, I am glad you got our products installed and are enjoying the performance gains. If you are having problems, PLEASE contact us first. I think that's the most sensible thing to do. Your post was started last night at 11:42PM...long after we have closed. It is 9:19AM on a Saturday as I am typing this, and contrary to what others have posted, I think that's pretty good support.

I MUST add that some of the statements made are completely false. We have never guaranteed against CEL's with our catless downpipes. What was mentioned was that our car had only had several days worth of driving on catless downpipes, and we hadn't received a CEL yet. There is no one at Ultimate Racing that would ever guarantee any catless product from not triggering a CEL. Originally, our plans were to offer our metal high-flow catted downpipes only. We made the catless ones simply because people asked for them. Each and every customer that has contacted me about purchasing catless downpipes has been told all of this. The original posted was told this, and I even recall him asking what to do if a CEL did appear. He mentioned that he was given a code reader that came with his Procede, and I told him that it would more than likely reset the code if he were to get one. Now why would I say that if I guaranteed no CEL?

Also, regarding our restocking fee. Yes, we do have one, and yes, it is 35%. However, the original poster ordered this complete exhaust system with us, and was told it would be shipped in 2-3 days. After 2 days, we received an a couple of emails, one from him, and one from his grandmother stating that they would not like to cancel the order. One email stated it was due to learning that the parts would not be compatible. Now, his order was now ready and complete...ready to ship. Instead of creating more problems for ourselves with an angry customer, I approved a FULL REFUND of the purchase price with no restocking fee added. The customer then contacted me about 3-5 minutes later saying that he would like to continue with the order. He stated there were just some problems with finances and they thought they needed the money back. Anyhow, the order was reprocessed, and the item was shipped that same day.

We still believe we have some of the best technical support out there. Not every install goes smoothly. Many members have called us while installing our exhaust and downpipes for some help. I believe that each and every one of them that called got everything to work out.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Appreciate 0