06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #24
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb_xi View Post
Just picked up a 08 335xi 6spd on Monday. I talked to my old Subaru tuner who also tunes bmw's with amazing results. He said to stay away from the jb3/4 said it was a shitbox not a juice box lol. My question is how do they actually preform? Are they that good that it's hurting his tuning business? I've searched and searched but all I can find is good things and good results. Reliable? Safe? Driveability? I've tuned cars before so that doesn't scare me, nor does the easy install. I'm just wondering that for 500$ is it too good to be true? Please chime in with your good, bad, ugly stories. I'm looking for 400awhp daily driven so tune+DCI+downpipes+meth/FMIC. Also, 2 things off topic but do people have problems when slamming their 335xi's on coilovers? I like my cars Very low. To do so, recommended suspension; pss9/10, kw, H&R, ST? I'm looking to be lower than 2" and all the coils ivi seen are 2" max. Last but not least my car shifts very hard from 1-2nd gear am I missing something or is it just the nature of the beast? Ps car has 16,xxx miles on it.
this shit does piss me off and i blame cobb. i had a similar situation with a tuner in ct, he told me that a meth, tune, intake, fmic, and downpipe car wont make 400whp on a rwd 335i without a "custom tune", that hed provide.

that tune would cost me $895 for the cobb + $1000 for him. he'd also need the car for 3 days and that i should expect 200-400 miles on it to be put on.

sorry, but cobb opened up a bag of potential abuse my these asshats.