11-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #258
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Yeah I E-mailed them right away when this all started to see. I already figured there wasn't a recall here. Which is the dumbest thing...why in the hell would there not be? What difference does it make where it's happening the most. I can not understand why it would work differently for the same car in a different country. ESPEICALLY this. They're all built in the same place and the motor is the same!! So gay. Especially since my car is U.S. spec. Are they not aware that there are A LOT of US spec BMW's running around Germany and many other countries? Not too good communication going on at BMW...

But anyway, here is the response I got. I actually got an E-mail just before this talking only about the X5 or something. Even though I told them every detail about my car..

"To Whom It May Concern:

I apologize, I believe we may have sent you information regarding a different recall in our prior response.

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding our voluntary recall announcement of some model year 2007-2010 BMW vehicles equipped with twin-turbo inline six cylinder engines. In the affected vehicles, a failure of the high pressure fuel pump may exhibit symptoms such as long crank engine starting times along with the illumination of the “Service Engine Soon” light. In certain cases, the driver may experience reduced engine performance in a Safe Mode. An audible tone and an “Engine Malfunction” display warning will accompany any reduced engine performance.

Affected BMW models include:
• Model Year 2007-2010 335i, 335xi, 335i xDrive (all body types)
• Model Year 2008-2010 135i (all body types)
• Model Year 2008-2010 535i, 535xi, 535i xDrive (sedan & wagon)
• Model Year 2008-2010 X6 xDrive35i Sports Activity Coupes
• Model Year 2009-2010 Z4 Roadster sDrive35i

Owners of affected vehicles will receive notification in December requesting the scheduling of a service appointment with an authorized BMW Center to inspect their vehicle. Drivers who now experience long cranking at start and/or reduced engine performance with illuminated warnings should immediately schedule a service appointment with an authorized BMW Center.

BMW remains committed to maintaining the highest level of automotive excellence. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience should your vehicle be affected.

Please note these recalls apply only to United States specification vehicles that are serviced within the United States. Once you and your vehicle return to the United States, we would be happy to discuss your concerns."