12-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #478
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
More than half of incidents that I saw were in 2, and my only "oh crap" moment that I caused was in 2 as well. It's just that the shape of the turn and elevation change make the sweet spot very narrow there - go in too fast, and you can plow to the outside or spin to the inside if you lift; go in too slow, and it's too tempting to apply throttle earlier, which can either cause understeer or can cause the rear to come out if you apply a bit more. You really have to do it just right. So it's good too see that there are now more options for saving it if stuff happens.

Yes, Anna is due any day now. She is doing great, and we are very excited. Not sure how it will change my tracking schedule yet
Hey great news and congratulations. I wouldnt worry about the track scheduling stuff. Your baby will happily consume your time.

Turn two could definitely be a stinker if you aren’t paying attention, come in two hot or try to pass on the outside and you could find your soon out of track. Braking, sudden lift or hard acceleration out is just a no no (last few seconds).